Jaw implant, also known as jaw augmentation or jawline contouring, is a cosmetic surgery procedure that involves the placement of an implant in the jaw to enhance its shape, size, or definition. The implant is usually made of biocompatible materials, such as silicone or titanium, and is designed to mimic the natural contours of the jaw. The procedure is commonly performed to improve the appearance of a weak or recessed jawline, or to correct jaw asymmetry. The surgery typically involves making an incision in the mouth or under the chin to access the jawbone, after which the implant is placed and secured in position. Jaw implant surgery is typically performed under general anesthesia and can take several hours to complete. The recovery process after jaw implant surgery can take several weeks, during which time the patient may experience swelling, bruising, and discomfort in the jaw area.
How is Jaw Implant Surgery Done?
Jaw implant surgery is typically performed as an outpatient procedure under general anesthesia. The specific steps of the procedure may vary depending on the individual case and the surgeon’s preference, but the general steps are as follows:
- Anesthesia: The patient is given general anesthesia to ensure they are comfortable and unable to feel any pain during the procedure.
- Incision: The doctor makes an incision in the mouth or under the chin to access the jawbone. In some cases, an incision inside the mouth may be preferred to minimize visible scarring.
- Placement of implant: The surgeon creates a pocket in the jawbone and carefully places the implant into the pocket. The implant is typically secured in place using screws or other fixation devices.
- Closing the incision: The incision is then closed using dissolvable sutures, and a dressing is applied to the area to protect the implant and aid in the healing process.
- Recovery: After the procedure, the patient is typically allowed to go home the same day and will be given instructions for post-operative care. Swelling, bruising, and discomfort are common side effects of the procedure, and these typically subside over the course of several weeks. The patient will be instructed to avoid any activities that could disrupt the implant, such as heavy lifting or contact sports, for a period of time after the procedure.
It is important to note that the specific steps and details of jaw implant surgery may vary depending on the individual case and the surgeon’s preferences and experience. It is recommended to discuss the specific details of the procedure with your plastic surgeon prior to undergoing jaw implant surgery.
How Long Does Jaw Implant Surgery Take?
Jaw implant surgery typically takes 2 hours to complete. The exact length of the procedure will depend on a number of factors, including the type of implant being used, the extent of augmentation being performed, and the doctor’s experience.
During the procedure, the surgeon will carefully place the implant in the jaw, making sure to position it in the optimal location for the desired results. The doctor will then close the incision and apply a dressing to the area to protect the implant and aid in the healing process.
After the procedure, the patient will typically be monitored for a period of time to ensure they are recovering well, after which they will be able to go home the same day. It is important to follow all post-operative care instructions provided by the doctor to ensure a safe and successful recovery.
Recovery After Jaw Implant Surgery
Recovery after jaw implant surgery can take several weeks. During this time, the patient may experience some swelling, bruising, and discomfort in the jaw area, but these symptoms should subside over time. The patient will be given instructions for post-operative care, including instructions for pain management, wound care, and restrictions on physical activity.
Some common post-operative instructions include:
- Pain management: The patient may be given pain medication to help manage any discomfort during the recovery process.
- Wound care: The patient will be instructed on how to care for the incision, which may include keeping the area clean and dry and changing dressings as needed.
- Physical activity restrictions: The patient may be instructed to avoid any activities that could disrupt the implant, such as heavy lifting or contact sports, for a period of time after the procedure.
- Follow-up appointments: The patient will be scheduled for follow-up appointments with the surgeon to monitor the healing process and ensure that the implant is healing properly.
It is important to follow all post-operative care instructions provided by the surgeon to ensure a safe and successful recovery. Additionally, it is important to inform the surgeon of any concerns or complications that arise during the recovery process. With proper care and follow-up, most patients are able to resume their normal activities and enjoy the benefits of their jaw implant surgery within several weeks after the procedure.
Who is Suitable for Jaw Implant Surgery?
It can be applied to women and men who have completed bone development, have completed the age of 18, and have no health problems.
How Much Does Jaw Implant Surgery Cost in Istanbul, Turkey?
The price of Jaw Implant Surgery may vary depending on several factors. These factors can be listed as the experience of the doctor, the content of the surgery to be performed, and the city where the clinic is located.
In addition to this, the price of jaw implant surgery; It also affects the doctor’s price, the hospital price where the surgery will be performed, the anesthesia price, the additional tests performed, and the prescribed drugs. When this situation is taken into consideration, it is appropriate for you to learn the most accurate information after the examination, after a detailed evaluation of the scope of your jaw implant surgery and the additional procedures deemed necessary. You can learn your price information in the most accurate way at the end of the examination.
For Ministry of Health-accredited centers, it is not legal to specify prices on their website. Therefore, please dial 0212 241 46 24 to contact Quartz Clinique and get information on Jaw Implant Surgery Prices In İSTANBUL, TURKEY.