A tummy tuck revision is a surgical procedure aimed at correcting and improving the appearance of the abdomen after the occurrence of complications and unwanted side effects from a previous tummy tuck.
Depending on the level of correction needed, the tummy tuck revision procedure can be performed using various types of surgery combined. If you are dissatisfied with the results of a previous tummy tuck and are searching for the best tummy tuck revision in Istanbul, Turkey, Quartz Clinique is the right place for you. With the Abdominal revision, you too can have a tighter, flatter, and more attractive abdomen.
what is a tummy tuck revision Performed?
tummy tuck procedure is performed for a variety of reasons, including the following:
- To correct the results of a previous tummy tuck procedure that did not meet the patient’s expectations
- To address complications arising from the previous tummy tuck procedure
- To address changes in the body shape due to aging or weight gain
- To remove additional loose skin or fat in the abdominal area
- To correct the appearance of scars from the previous tummy tuck procedure
Is a Tummy Tuck Revision Right for Me?
If you are not satisfied with the results of a previous tummy tuck surgery and are experiencing complications or have unwanted side effects, tummy tuck revision may be the right option for you. The most important way to determine if a Abdominal revision is right for you is to consult with a doctor who is experienced in the field.
During the consultation, the doctor will inform the patient by assessing the patient’s specific situation, examining their goals and expectations, and previous tummy tuck results. In the light of this information, the doctor can determine whether tummy tuck revision is a suitable option for the patient and, if appropriate, what type of revision surgery to perform.
It should be noted that surgery for revision tummy tuck is a serious surgical procedure and should only be performed after careful evaluation and consultation with an experienced doctor.
How do I know if I need a tummy tuck revision?
If we want to make a more detailed explanation, possible complications that may occur after tummy tuck surgery are stated below and it is appropriate to make tummy tuck revision as a result of the noses.
- Excess fat – Excess fat after tummy tuck surgery is usually caused by insufficient or no liposuction to the patient during the surgery. This situation can be easily corrected with Abdominal revision.
- Bad scarring – This condition usually occurs when the wound did not heal properly due to inadequate closure technique by a previous doctor. Various techniques are used to correct this unwanted scar.
- An elevated scar – Excessive excision of the patient’s abdominal skin is often seen when previous surgery was poorly planned. In this case, it creates a visible scar on the waist of the patient’s pants or bikini.
- Excess skin residue – As a result of some operations, excess abdominal skin can be left. As a result, even if there is an improvement in the original contours of the patient, the patient is not satisfied with this appearance.
- An unsightly belly button – An otherwise unattractive belly button that is in poor shape or has a visible scar should be corrected.
How is Tummy Tuck Revision Done?
Abdominoplasty revision surgery varies depending on the specific complications and desired results. Revision surgery may include one or more of the following techniques.
- Liposuction: If there is excess fat in the patient’s abdomen, liposuction is performed to remove and reshape the area.
- Scar revision: If the scar is poorly positioned in the previous tummy tuck surgery, it is revised to improve its appearance.
- Re-tightening the abdominal muscles: If the abdominal muscles are separated or relaxed, the surgeon may need to re-tighten the abdominal muscles to restore the tone.
- Removal of excess skin: If there is a lot of excess skin in the previous tummy tuck surgery, this skin should be removed in order to obtain a flat and smooth appearance.
- Correction of Belly Button Deformities: If the belly button is misshapen or scarred, it can be corrected.
The correct steps involved in tummy tuck revision surgery may vary depending on the specific needs and goals of each patient.
Benefits of Tummy Tuck Revision
Tummy Tuck Revision offers several benefits, including:
- Improved Appearance: The procedure can improve the appearance of the abdomen by removing excess skin and fat, and tightening the abdominal muscles
- Increased Confidence: The improved appearance of the abdomen can increase the patient’s confidence
- Correction of Previous Results: Tummy Tuck Revision can correct the results of a previous tummy tuck procedure that did not meet the patient’s expectations
- Correction of Complications: The procedure can address complications arising from the previous tummy tuck procedure
- Long-Lasting Results: Abdominal revision can produce long-lasting results, provided the patient maintains a healthy weight and lifestyle
What are the Things to be Considered After Tummy Tuck Revision?
After a tummy tuck revision surgery, it is very important to carefully follow your doctor’s instructions to ensure proper healing and the best possible results. The issues to be considered after Tummy Tuck Revision are given below:
- Pain: It is normal to feel some discomfort and pain after the surgery. Pain medications are prescribed by the doctor to help the patient manage it.
- Swelling and Bruising: Swelling and bruising are common after tummy tuck revision, but this goes away over time. It is necessary to wear a compression garment to help minimize swelling and speed healing.
- Rest: It is necessary to avoid strenuous activities for a few weeks after the procedure.
- Wound care: There may be incisions that require care following the surgery. Instructions are given by the doctor regarding the cleaning and care of the incision sites to support healing.
- Control appointments: Your doctor will schedule follow-up appointments to monitor your progress and make sure you are recovering properly.
- Lifestyle changes: To get the best possible results from your tummy tuck revision, you may need to make some lifestyle changes, such as avoiding sun exposure, quitting smoking, and maintaining a healthy weight.
Risks of Tummy Tuck Revision
As with any surgical procedure, Tummy Tuck Revision carries certain risks, including:
- Infection: The incisions may become infected, requiring antibiotics or additional surgery
- Scarring: The incisions may result in scarring that is noticeable or more noticeable than the previous tummy tuck procedure
- Bleeding: There may be bleeding during or after the procedure
- Pain: The patient may experience pain or discomfort during the recovery process
- Anesthesia Risks: The patient may experience adverse reactions to the anesthesia used during the procedure
How Much does Tummy Tuck Revision Cost in Istanbul, Turkey?
The tummy tuck revision cost can vary depending on a number of factors, including the nature of the procedure, the location of the clinic, and the doctor’s level of experience. In general, a tummy tuck revision is a more complex procedure than a primary tummy tuck, and therefore the cost is different.
In addition to the tummy tuck revision cost, the operating room of the hospital where the Abdominal revision will be performed, the anesthesia to be applied and the necessary post-operative care may also be included. It is very important to understand that tummy tuck revision cost is an investment in your appearance and well-being, and it is important to choose an experienced doctor who can give you the best possible results.
The most accurate price information is given to the patient after the doctor or clinic who will perform the Tummy Tuck Revision examines the patient. You can learn your price information in the most accurate way at the end of the examination. For Ministry of Health-accredited centers, it is not legal to specify prices on their website. Therefore, please dial 0212 241 46 24 to contact Quartz Clinique and get information on tummy tuck revision cost In İSTANBUL, TURKEY.