Acne is a skin problem caused by the combination of skin cells, follicles and sebum-balanced hairs. The bacteria grow under the skin so they cannot be discharged out of the follicles. The area that cannot come out swells and therefore acne occurs. There is more than one type of acne and many people with these acne scars develop acne scars.
In a severe case of acne, acne appears on the skin quite visibly. Usually, a bumpy and colorless image appears. Most people have acne-prone skin, but this percentage is usually between the ages of 11 and 30. Hormones play a major role in the development and progression of acne.
Because acne causes inflammation, laser technology is extremely important in treating acne scars. With the right treatment, acne scars can be easily removed from the skin. To get positive feedback on the skin, you need to be very careful.
How does acne occur?
Hereditary factors, diet, environmental factors, and hormones are some of the factors that cause acne to develop. Testosterone plays an important role in both sexes.
While this hormone is more in some cases, it is normal in others. However, the response of fat cells to testosterone may be high. If the parents have a history of acne, acne will probably occur in their children as well. Especially hormonal drugs are known to cause an increase in acne. In some cases, excessively oily skin is the main cause. The use of non-quality cosmetic products and the consumption of foods high in fat and sugar also trigger acne formation.
How are acne scars formed?
Most people fail to prevent acne breakouts. Acne scars, on the other hand, can sometimes create scars left over from squeezed acne. In some cases, acne scarring may occur due to excess collagen released by the body. After acne heals, it can leave permanent scars. After squeezing, the irritated area leaves an appearance like an acne scar.
What are the most common types of acne scars?
It is a disorder that has some types according to the formation of acne scars. These types can be counted as boxcar scar, ice pick scar, keloid, hypertropic scar, brown pigmented scar and red flat scar. Among them, the most common ones are pick scar, boxcar and rolling scar.
How does acne go?
It is very important to do regular skin care in order to prevent acne formation. At the same time, it is necessary to clean the pores and allow them to breathe. It is not right for people with active acne to wear make-up too often. There are some creams and tonics to prevent acne formation. Acne can also be eliminated with natural methods. The food that is very good for acne is omega 3 fatty acids. Thanks to the vitamin E and zinc it contains, the wounds on the skin heal. Acne scar treatment is one of the methods that prevent acne formation. It also prevents aging. Apart from these, foods containing probiotics also prevent acne formation. Consuming foods such as yogurt, cheese and kefir is beneficial in this regard. Drinking green tea is also good for the skin.
What is good for acne scars?
There are different methods for acne scar treatment. The most commonly used acne scar treatment methods are laser treatment and chemical peeling. If the person has acne actively, acne treatment should be applied first, and then acne scar treatment should be applied. Another effective method for acne scar treatment is fractional laser treatment. With this application, the collagen under the skin is destroyed and new collagen formation is provided. This treatment method is done with the help of a special laser device. Thus, the stem cells in the upper skin are activated. These newly formed epithelial cells serve as the surface covering. In this process, which usually lasts between 1 and 3 sessions, each session is planned for one hour. The most important point to be considered after acne scar treatment is to avoid the sun as much as possible. In addition, skin rashes and peeling may occur after this treatment. But these complications are temporary.
Acne scar treatment is generally applied to remove the blotchy scars left behind by active acne after healing. Treatment should be started early when the scars are pink in color. So it can be more effective.
When should acne scar treatment be done?
If a successful result is desired for acne scar treatment, it would be appropriate to initiate the treatment in the early period. If acne scars have not been intervened for a long time, those scars are settled on the skin. This causes their permanence to increase and makes the appearance sharper. First of all, active acne should be treated, and then acne scar treatment should be applied.
What are the methods used for acne scar treatment?
The best solution for acne scar treatment is to go to a doctor and be examined and to determine the most appropriate acne scar treatment together with the doctor. There is a wide variety of acne scar treatments available. These are listed below:
- Medical skin care and acne treatment: One of the most important points for acne treatment is to take precautions before scars are formed and to stop the bacteria in an appropriate way. With the right products and skin care done by experts, acne scar formation can be prevented and treated. This treatment method is extremely suitable for men and women of all ages.
- Hydrafacial acne treatment: With this method, the skin is thoroughly cleaned with the help of serum filled with antioxidants, peptides and hyaluronic acid. Then the skin is purified and moisturized with special acids. This method prevents the formation of newly formed acne. Thus, the traces are also prevented.
- Fraxellazer acne treatment: With this method, acne scars are reduced, collagen production is increased and the deeper dermal levels of the skin are repaired. Thus, it goes down to the deepest layers of the skin. The Fraxel laser method provides advanced waves of laser energy and promises results such as skin rejuvenation and resurfacing by targeting acne scars. With this method, which is an FDA-approved procedure, the skin becomes smooth.
- Treatment of acne with gold needle: With this method, collagen and elastin production in the skin is stimulated. It is also a type of treatment that repairs irregular scar tissue. New collagen production means making the skin look brighter and younger. With this method, wrinkles and cracks also disappear. Gold needle is recommended for mild to moderate acne scar treatment.
- Dermapenile acne treatment: This method increases the production of elastin and collagen in the skin. It creates microscopic punctate small wounds. This method is suitable for people who do not want to have laser applied. Especially when applied together with salmon DNA method, much more effective results can be obtained.
- Babyface acne treatment with “thuliumlazer”: With the help of this type of treatment, micro channels are opened on the skin. It has a feature that lifts the revitalizing compounds in the skin. It is particularly successful in lightening stains. With this method, you can have a baby-like skin.
In which areas can acne scar treatment be applied?
Acne usually occurs on the face, but for some reason, they can also occur on the shoulders and back. In particular, hormonal imbalances invite acne formation and acne scars occur accordingly. In such cases, acne scar treatment should be applied. The most applied areas for acne scar treatment are cheeks, forehead and chin.
How should acne skin care be?
Skin cleansing is very important. The skin should be cleaned with a natural soap every day, morning and evening. When choosing this soap, care should be taken that it does not make the skin too oily or dry. It is important that the tonics to be used contain less alcohol and have antiseptic properties. In the use of protective cream, it is important to give the skin a matte appearance. In addition, these creams should contain vitamins A, E and F, which reduce oil production in the skin. In addition, a lot of make-up should not be applied, even if it is done, care should be taken not to leave the skin with make-up, and the skin should be cleaned immediately.
What are the ways to protect the skin from acne scars?
Squeezing or popping acne invites scar formation. Avoiding this behavior seriously prevents acne scar formation. While popping acne is very tempting, it is a very dangerous behavior. Since acnes are not found on the surface of the skin, it is very difficult to clean them on our own. The act of squeezing acne can worsen the situation and trigger inflammation. Thus, the area becomes more sensitive. Thus, the traces that create a very distinctive image may become more and more permanent.
It is helpful to apply warm compresses to the skin. Hot compress application can make acne scars disappear. This application reduces the pain caused by acne. At the same time, it is recommended to apply a warm compress when a white head begins to form in the acne.
Acne is one of the most difficult skin conditions to treat and heal. Getting rid of acne requires avoiding damaging the skin. Acne may not respond to home treatments, but it can relieve some of the pain. At this point, being examined by a doctor would be the best solution.
How much is acne scar treatment? What are acne scar treatment prices?
There are many methods for acne scar treatment. Therefore, the pricing scheme of each treatment differs. Factors such as the clinic where the procedure is performed and the experience of the specialist who perform the procedure also affect the prices of acne scar treatment. It is not legal for centers approved by the Ministry of Health to indicate prices on their websites. You can reach our clinic by calling +90212 241 46 24 for the most accurate price information for you and for all your other questions.