For a trusted chemical peel specialist in istanbul, our dermatologist, Dr. Ezgi Özkur, use chemical peel effective and safe.
- What is Chemical Peel?
- How is the chemical peeling healing process?
- How much is a chemical peel treatment? Chemical peel prices
What is Chemical Peel?
Chemical peel, also known as skin peeling, is a skin rejuvenation technique that purifies the skin from dead cells. Since it is a non-surgical procedure, it is a widely applied and frequently preferred application. With this technique, some chemical agents are given on the skin. These chemical agents are intended to cause controlled damage to the skin. As a result of the damage, the skin is purified from dead cells and thus a more lively, fresh, clean and healthy skin emerges.
With age, the skin renews itself more slowly than before. This situation causes a more matte appearance on the skin surface. As the age increases, the elasticity of the aging skin and its resistance to external factors gradually decrease. This causes discontent in people. Aesthetic procedures that purify the skin from dead cells, such as chemical peeling, are the remedy for these problems.
With this method, a chemical mixture containing an acidic formulation is applied to the neck, face or hand area. This chemical is intended to cause a controlled damage to the skin, and the skin surface is peeled off. In this way, a newer and smoother skin emerges instead of peeling skin. With this process, you will regain your old vibrant and quality skin.
After the chemical peeling process, there is a serious decrease or disappearance in wrinkles and skin spots compared to the old skin. A healthier and more tense skin appears. It is aimed to shrink the pores, to keep the skin fresh and lively, to have a softer and more sensitive skin.
What are the application areas of chemical peel?
Chemical peeling purifies the skin from dead cells, giving it a smoother and more vibrant appearance. It has multiple application areas. These:
- It is applied in the treatment of stains. (Especially in old age, post-pregnancy and sunspots)
- It is used to eliminate or lighten fine and medium-depth wrinkles.
- It is used in the treatment of acne and pimples.
- Applied to lighten acne and acne spots.
- It is applied in the correction of the skin structure, which has a rough appearance.
- It is applied to get a more beautiful appearance of a porous skin structure.
- It is applied to make the skin more vibrant and to increase the brightness and smoothness of the skin.
In addition to these, it is also applied in the treatment of skin problems such as melasma, photoaging, acne scars, acne vulgaris, seborrheic keratosis, senile lentigo, actinic keratosis, postlesional hyperpigmentation and periorbital hyperpigmentation. After these skin problems, it can be applied alone or combined with other treatment methods.
What are the types of chemical peels?
The chemical peeling process creates a controlled damage to the skin as a result of the use of appropriate chemical agents according to the skin structure, the age of the patient and the problem/problems of the skin. By showing the reflex of repairing this damage, the skin is provided with a healthier and renewed skin under the peeling skin.
Skin peeling is a widely practiced application that aims to renew and revitalize the skin. There are 3 types of peeling according to the depth of the peeling process. These:
- Superficial peeling: This process, which is effective on the top layer of the skin, aims to peel the upper skin continuously.
- Moderately deep peeling: It is more effective on papules and reticles.
- Deep peeling: The skin is renewed with a peeling from the skin surface to the dermis. Thus, the epidermis peels off in a short time, resulting in a smoother and more vibrant skin.
Who is suitable for chemical peel ?
- It is especially suitable for people who have scars on their skin and therefore their skin looks more indented and protruding.
- It is suitable for those who have brown sun spots on the skin surface and have discoloration on their skin.
- It is suitable for those who have fine wrinkles on their skin or those whose skin has been exposed to excessive sun.
- It is suitable for people who have acne or acne problems on their skin.
- It is suitable for people who are not satisfied with their freckles.
- It is suitable for people with very oily skin.
- It is suitable for people with age spots to have it done.
Skin peeling is recommended for people who have one or more of the substances listed above. It is an increasingly popular method.
Who should not have chemical peels?
It is not a suitable treatment method for people who are allergic to the solutions used during the application. It is also not recommended for women during pregnancy and lactation.
It is not applied to the area with open wounds on the skin or to people who have undergone laser epilation or other skin peeling in the last 2 weeks.
What are the side effects of chemical peeling? Is it risky?
Skin peeling is not a harmful procedure under the supervision of a specialist dermatologist. The percentage of acid used during the procedure is determined by the physician according to the skin type. This process, which is not applied by a specialist, can cause irreversible damage to your skin.
It is also very important to protect the skin after the procedure. Whether the skin is well protected or not also affects the effectiveness of the application.
Some aesthetic procedures are known to have side effects. However, the side effects of the procedures performed by the expert will be less or not at all. Some patients may experience mild redness, dryness and exfoliation of the skin after treatment. But this is normal. Such symptoms should not be interpreted as side effects. Some people may experience darkening of the skin as a result of excessive melanin production in the skin after the treatment. In order to avoid this situation, the skin should be protected from the sun very well in the first weeks after peeling. Apart from this, a decrease in skin color and the risk of infection may occur.
How is chemical peeling applied?
First, a chemical in the form of a white liquid is applied to the skin. Afterwards, this liquid is absorbed into the skin in a short time.
This liquid goes under the skin and peeling begins. The purpose of this process is to peel the skin and provide a more vibrant and healthy skin.
- The first stage is cleaning the skin with special solutions.
- Then the skin is well dried.
- Vaseline-like creams are used to prevent excessive peeling of sensitive areas.
- Ears and eyes are covered with cotton.
Solutions applied at low level are placed in a container and application is carried out quickly. Special chemical solution is applied evenly to the skin. Peeling solution should be applied much more carefully. The solution is left on the skin surface for a while. Then it is cleaned properly.
Finally, skin peeling is performed and problems such as spots, pimples, acne and color irregularity on the skin are eliminated.
Chemical peeling is not an application to be feared. Thanks to this process, the skin becomes much more lively, fresh and healthy.
How is the chemical peeling healing process?
The healing process differs according to the type of treatment applied. As you go from superficial peeling to deeper peeling, the healing process becomes more difficult. In addition to these, increasing the chemical density will increase the healing process at the right rate. In addition to these, individual differences also play an important role in the duration of the treatment process. The reaction and recovery speed of the person varies according to the skin structure.
Generally speaking, redness and mild peeling occur between 1-5 days in the superficial type. In deep peeling application, edema and skin tension may occur. In addition, a brown layer occurs, but this layer peels off and disappears within a week.
Is chemical peeling a painful procedure?
After medium-depth peeling and superficial peeling, a mild or moderate burning sensation may occur on the skin surface. Local anesthetic creams are used to reduce this pain. Deep chemical peeling is a painful application. Therefore, local anesthesia is used during the procedure. In addition, it is recommended to use pain relievers regularly.
Can chemical peels be applied at home?
Chemical peeling is a treatment that is definitely not recommended to be applied at home. Serious side effects can occur with the procedure applied at home on its own. Serious damage can be caused to the skin after skin peeling at home. There are many misleading products on the market that are touted as professional products. But these products can invite serious hazards. Such aesthetic applications must be carried out by a doctor who is an expert in the field.
What are the things to consider before having a chemical peel?
It is very important to know the skin well before having the procedure. Due to some reasons on the surface of the skin, skin peeling can do more harm than good. For this reason, it is necessary to know the skin very well and to know some other points that need attention. The points to be considered before having skin peeling are as follows:
- Open wounds, herpes, etc. on the skin. Is there an infection?
- Has chemical peeling been applied in the last year?
- Is there any surgical procedure performed on the face in the last year?
- Does the person develop an allergic reaction to aspirin or salicylic acid?
- Does the person smoke?
- What is the person’s skin sensitivity status?
- What is the person’s wound healing time and pain threshold?
- Does the person have a condition such as breastfeeding or pregnancy?
- Is the person at risk of intense exposure to sunlight?
- Does the person have a history of radiotherapy?
Possible crusts that may occur after chemical peeling application should definitely not be peeled. Moisturizing preparations recommended by the doctor should be used. After the procedure, attention should be paid to sun protection. In general, it is extremely important to follow the doctor’s recommendations and protect the skin after the procedure.
How to clean chemical peels from the skin?
It is important to clean the skin with special solutions after chemical peeling. These solutions, which are in the form of spray, are sprayed on the skin surface and the skin is cleaned. After this substance foams on the skin, the skin is cleaned until there is no chemical substance on the skin surface. If necessary, the process is repeated.
After this application, a nourishing cream is applied to the skin. Afterwards, it is recommended to apply this nourishing cream in one’s own home. If you are going to be exposed to the sun, sunscreen cream should also be applied. Thus, the application is terminated.
How much is a chemical peel treatment? Chemical peel prices
Pricing varies according to the chemical peeling method applied. It is not legal for centers approved by the Ministry of Health to specify prices on their websites. You can reach our clinic by calling +902122414624 for the most accurate price information for you and for all your other questions.