Bichectomy is a cheek surgery application that provides a better appearance of the person’s face and makes the person look younger. With a bichectomy operation, male or female patients have more prominent cheekbones and a thin facial line.Women and men benefit from aesthetic operations to achieve a younger and healthier physical appearance and achieve beautiful results. One of these aesthetic operations is bichectomy, also known as buccal fat removal.
Who is the Good Candidate for Bichectomy “Buccal Fat Removal”?
In order to have a bichectomy operation, the patient must be of normal weight, have a round face shape and be older than 18 years of age. Bichectomy can be applied to men and women. Bisectomy is not recommended if the patient is overweight, obese, and over the age of 45.
With a bichectomy operation, the fat pads on the patient’s cheek may decrease significantly over time, and therefore, premature aging may occur on the face of the patient who will undergo a bichectomy operation. Since this is a situation that can vary from person to person, it is very appropriate for the doctor to evaluate the patient in detail in order to get a good result.
In order to find out whether you are a suitable patient for a bichectomy operation, your doctor may ask you questions and then some tests may be requested from you.
While the face of the person may appear longer and thinner with the bichectomy operation, the round appearance of the patient’s face also disappears. Since the bichectomy operation is a short and outpatient procedure, the patients are discharged on the same day.
How is the Bichectomy Operation Performed?
Bichectomy is a type of surgery performed as an outpatient procedure. It is also known as buccal fat removal. Bichectomy operation is performed with local anesthesia. It is very important to clean the mouth of the patient before the operation. By cleaning the mouth before the bichectomy operation, infection problems that may occur after the operation are prevented.
In the bichectomy operation, the doctor intervenes by making a small incision near the fat pads in the cheeks. Local anesthesia is applied to the patient. By making a small incision in the mouth of cheek and using forceps, the fat tissue pads are removed with the other name of bichat in order to give a natural appearance. After the fat pads are removed, the area is sutured. This procedure is applied to both cheeks. After the operation, the doctor attaches a compressive bandage to the patient and completes the operation. The bichectomy operation takes between 30 minutes and 45 minutes. The patient is discharged the same day after the operation.
What Should be Considered Before and After Bichectomy?
- For a quick recovery period after a bichectomy operation, alcohol and smoking should be stopped at least one week before the operation.
- Before the operation, the patient should stop taking aspirin and blood thinners if they are taking these drugs.
- If the patient is regularly taking medication related to her/his health in the pre-operative period, she/he should definitely inform her/his doctor about the drugs she/he is using before the surgery.
- If the patient is pregnant or has health problems, the patient should tell her doctor about her special conditions before the bichectomy operation.
- The recovery process of each patient after a bichectomy operation is different. In general, recovery occurs within 2 weeks after the bichectomy operation.
- After the bichectomy operation, soft foods and cold drinks should be consumed for three days. The reason for this is to prevent possible bleeding.
- After the bichectomy operation, patients should not be exposed to the sun.
- After the bichectomy operation, since the fat bags are removed, in case of a possible inflammation, the inflammation passes for 3 or 6 months. If such a situation occurs, it is in the lower jaw area.
- After the bichectomy operation, the cheekbones of the person become more prominent and the person’s face takes on a long appearance.
Are Hollywood Cheek Aesthetics and Bichectomy Operations Different?
Especially nowadays, Bichectomy and Hollywood cheek aesthetics are confused a lot. With Hollywood cheek aesthetics, the face looks very different than it is. Since only the fat in the cheek area of the patient is intervened with the bichectomy operation, it does not change the facial appearance in a very different way, it only makes the cheeks look thinner. Hollywood cheek aesthetics is more complicated than a bichectomy operation. Hollywood cheek aesthetics is different from bichectomy and the cheekbones and chin area of the patient are intervened with fillers or fat injection.
How Much does Bichectomy Cost in Istanbul, TURKEY?
Bichectomy prices vary according to the procedures that should be applied to the cheek area of the patient. Local or general anesthesia to be applied to the patient also changes the price of a bichectomy operation. In some cases, a combined aesthetic intervention with bichectomy may be required, and the cost of a bichectomy may vary according to this situation. In order to learn the cost of bichectomy and to give accurate information to the patient, first of all, the patient should be examined. After the examination, the procedure to be done to the patient can be determined and a clear price information can be told.
If you want to know the buccal fat removal price in Istanbul, Turkey, you can contact us. That’s why it’s important to be examined. In order to get more detailed information about bichectomy and to get information about the technique suitable for you, you should be examined by our doctor.
You can learn your bichectomy price information in the most accurate way at the end of the examination. It is not legal to specify prices on websites for centers accredited by the Ministry of Health. Therefore, please call 0212 241 46 24 to contact Quartz Clinique and to get information about ISTANBUL, TURKEY Bichectomy Prices.