What is Dermatology? Who is Dermatologist?
The treatment of all skin, hair, nail, and mucosal problems is in the field of dermatology (skin), and specialists who apply treatment methods and specialize only in the field of dermatology for 4 years are called dermatologists.
Skin and skin problems appear in every individual regardless of gender and age. Skin problems vary depending on the skin type. In addition, dermatological diseases occur due to genetic factors, environmental factors and chemical products used. Dermatology deals with the treatment of many diseases. Skin problems that occur with adolescence can be eliminated with correct and regular treatment.
What is a dermatologist?
Specialist doctors who detect and treat dermatological diseases are called dermatologists. During their 4-year residency in skin diseases, they receive training on the diagnosis and treatment of more than 3000 skin diseases and see countless skin patients during their education. Dermatologists can work in both private and public hospitals. Dermatology is also called dermatology. However, its current use is dermatology.
What is Dermatology (Skin)?
It is a specialty in medicine. It deals with skin diseases and treatments. If we list the diseases that the dermatology department is interested in, that is, that can be treated by a dermatologist;
- Hair problems (shedding, itching, greasy, dryness),
- Problem of sweating more than normal,
- Acne, blackheads, acne problems,
- Water collection in the fingers and toes,
- Congenital and acquired stains on the skin,
- Eczema, fungus, itching, redness,
- Allergic conditions,
- Spot Follow-Up
- Rashes on the skin,
- Skin wrinkles,
- Problems in the under-eye and surrounding areas,
- Shingles, herpes, psoriasis,
- Formation of white spots on the skin,
- Wounds in areas such as inside the mouth, inside the ear, inside the nose,
- Excessive sweating
- Sexually transmitted diseases, genital area problems
- Diagnosis of new formations on the skin
- Diagnosis, drainage and removal of cysts etc.
- Diagnosis and treatment of skin tumors
- Problems such as excessive hair growth on the body.
Treatments Used in Dermatology Problems
Dermatology looks at the treatment of a wide variety of diseases. The most known treatment methods used in dermatological diseases;
- DermatoSurgical treatment methods,
- Photodynamic therapy,
- Various laser treatment methods,
- Radiofrequency treatments
- Chemical peels
- Nail surgery and nail wire application
- The dermatologist decides which treatment method will be used for which disease. For the treatment of your skin diseases, make sure to have a dermatologist examination.
Today, people with dermatology problems usually try to solve it by referring to inaccurate information they find on the internet and used by the public. However, this situation is quite wrong and risky. Everyone’s skin type, problem, and response to treatment is different. Therefore, applying every treatment will not give positive results. The dermatologist should decide what your skin problem is, why it occurs and how it should be treated. There are many dermatology medicines on the market, and most of them are available without a prescription. Products used under the name of skin care can cause problems such as premature aging, staining, acne due to long-term irritation/irritation. Treating the existing problem with the wrong methods will lead to the emergence of possible more risky diseases. For this reason, a dermatologist examination will allow you to see the difference of the expert approach to the problem, especially for the solution of chronic problems.
Our skin is in constant contact with the external environment. As a result of our daily activities such as air, touching, smelling, skin diseases may occur due to environmental factors. In some cases, skin diseases may occur as a symptom of other diseases or as a side effect of drugs. Skin diseases usually become chronic due to late treatment and may turn into problems that leave a trace or do not go away. An expert dermatologist approach facilitates the solution in the early period and prevents it from becoming chronic.
Dermatology Diseases and Treatment Methods
If we list the most common dermatological diseases, which occur in most people at a certain age, with treatment methods;
Hair Problems; Hair problems are conditions that can occur at any age, regardless of gender. Especially shedding, itching, weak hair, problems in the scalp may occur. The first step in the treatment of hair problems is the diagnosis. In the diagnosis, the cause of the problem is determined by the dermatologist. Then, the most appropriate treatment method should be applied to the problem. Generally, most people apply to the dermatology department because of hair loss. The causes of hair loss vary from person to person.