Women who have oversize breasts imagine small and upward looking breasts. To make big breasts look more lifted up and reduce their volume, you can have a breast reduction operation. Big breasts can give you not only aesthetic, but also medical problems. For women, big breasts lead to neck, back and shoulder pain and to rash and hygienic problems for overweight people. To eliminate these problems and look more attractive with your small breasts, you can have a breast reduction operation.
Breast reduction (reduction mammoplasty) is a type of mammoplasty that aims to reduce the volume of breast tissue. Breast reduction surgery is a very common aesthetic operation today. Although the surgery reduces the appearance of the breasts, it makes the breasts more beautiful and upright. After breast reduction, the patient gets rid of physical and psycho-emotional discomfort, while breast aesthetics is performed with his own tissues, breast implants are not used.
- What Kind of Problems Do Big Breasts Create?
- What is Breast Reduction Operation?
- What is Breast Reduction Surgery Cost Turkey?
Why Do Breasts Get Bigger?
One of the most important reasons for having oversize breasts is genetic factors. Growing mammary tissue is a genetic heritage from the family. In addition to the genetic factor, factors such as gaining weight, giving birth and breastfeeding also lead to growing breasts.
Breast tissue can enlarge for various reasons. This increase in breast size and change in shape may be caused by the following factors;
- Genetic inheritance; In this case, genetics plays an important role. If relatives in your family have large breasts, your breasts are more likely to develop than usual.
- Excess weight. Often, breast size directly depends on the overall proportions of the patient’s body.
- Pregnancy and lactation. Breastfeeding is another factor that has a significant impact on the change in the shape and volume of the breast. Lactation directly stimulates the growth of the mammary glands. Generally, they cannot return to their previous volumes after breastfeeding is over. Or even if it works, they may encounter the problem of sagging.
With aesthetic surgery, the breast is reduced and the skin is stretched and shaped accordingly.
What Kind of Problems Do Big Breasts Create?
- If the person’s breasts get bigger, when she gains weight, drooping can be seen in her breasts, when she loses weight. You can eliminate this problem with breast reduction and lift operation.
- One of women’ biggest problems of having big breasts is shoulder and back pain. Big breasts disrupt the balance in people’s upper body and may lead to pain.
- In addition to pain, as big breasts contact the belly, rash and bad odor may be experienced. This, in turn, leads to self-esteem problems for women.
- Big breasts restrict women’s physical activities and prevent them from wearing what they want.
- At the same time, because bra straps create a hollow in the shoulder on women with big breasts, it may also lead to deformities.
Breast reduction surgery indications
Breast reduction can be done for two reasons: aesthetic and medical indications.
- about problems with the choice of comfortable and beautiful underwear;
- low self-esteem;
- psychological discomfort and associated skin problems;
- decreased libido due to self-esteem with one’s own body.
- difficulty breathing when lying down, trouble in sleeping;
- pain in the area of the breasts (mastodynia) when there are no problems;
- premature sagging of the breast,
- stretch marks on the skin of the breast;
- skeletal problems in the chest, back, as well as regular headaches due to constant muscle tension and stress on the spine;
- posture problems;
- dermatological diseases associated with irritation and rash under the breast;
- spinal deformity;
- restriction of physical activity of the patient, caused by the size of the breasts.
The surgeons of the Quartz Plastic Surgery Clinic will perform a high-quality breast size correction that can save you from the above problems.
Preparation for Breast Reduction Surgery
Before breast reduction surgery, during the preliminary consultation, your plastic surgeon tells you the expected result, the course of the operation and determines how much the desired size can be. You will also need to pass a series of tests to assess your health and blood clotting. Before the operation, it is necessary to stop taking anticoagulants (blood thinners) for a certain period of time. In order to reduce all possible negative consequences, risks and identify contraindications, the patient will need to undergo a series of preliminary tests and examinations:
- Ultrasound of mammary glands;
- Mammography (for patients older than 40 years);
- general analysis of urine and blood.
- covid test
- Additional tests and examinations are evaluated if necessary (therapist, entomologist, anesthesiologist).
- If you have a medication that you use regularly, it is important to tell your doctor. This is especially true for drugs that affect blood coagulation.
What is Breast Reduction Operation?
Breast reduction operation is suitable for women who have big breasts.
- In women with big breasts, two breasts may be in different sizes and can have asymmetric look. Symmetry of both breasts is ensured with breast reduction operation, and people are given a perfect look.
- Depending on the patient’s complaints, breast reduction operation is made to create the breasts in the mutually decided size.
- If women want to experience giving birth and breastfeeding processes after the breast reduction operation, they have to inform the physician. Different breast reduction operation techniques can be tried for patients who want to breastfeed.
- In breast reduction operation, scars may vary depending on the breast size and person.
- Scars in shape of L, I or reverse T may occur around and below the nipple. Because the nipple is dark colored, scars there are not much visible. Scars below the breasts are not visible from the front.
- In breast reduction operation, desired result is round shaped and upward looking breasts.
How is breast reduction surgery done?
Breast reduction surgery is performed under general anesthesia. Since the mammary gland is mainly composed of fat and glandular tissue, the excess tissue during the operation is brought to the desired size equally from both breasts. In the presence of asymmetry, the operation is usually performed on one breast, equal to the one with the best shape of the breast. As a result of breast reduction surgery, not only the breast tissue but also the skin is reduced and a natural breast lift is achieved. Since the female breast is a very sensitive area and requires special techniques, this operation should only be performed by experienced plastic surgeons. In any case, you need to approach it carefully so that there are no complications and the breast remains tender. As the excess volume in the breast is removed, the skin tightens and the size of the areola changes with its position. Thus, when the breast tissue shrinks, breast lift is also provided. If all necessary corrections are not made during the operation, this can lead to an unsatisfactory result.
Breast Reduction Surgery mostly consists of the following procedures:
- Removal of excess skin, glandular layer and resection of adipose tissue;
- Areola and nipple transfer;
- The formation of an anatomically correct and aesthetically beautiful breast shape.
Quartz plastic surgeons are highly experienced in mammoplasty, so they can make stitches that will fade over time. In addition, a detailed list of recommendations is given to the patient to ensure that the rehabilitation process after breast reduction surgery is as comfortable and effective as possible. As a result,
What is Breast Reduction Surgery Cost Turkey?
The cost of breast reduction surgery basically consists of the following procedures:
- Free consultation
- Operation under general anesthesia
- Hospital stay
- Compression Bra
- Postoperative dressings and consultations
The cost of breast reduction surgery directly depends only on its complexity. In the operation, only the removal of excess breast tissue is not performed. The surgeon also performs a series of actions to maintain or create breast symmetry. The surgeon creates a beautiful contour and restores the elasticity of the breast. It is imperative to correct the shape and size of the areola and move the nipple higher than the original. To find out the final cost and all the details of the procedure, contact our clinic in Turkey by phone and sign up for an online consultation with a specialist. Remember that any surgical intervention requires a thorough examination and preparation. This allows you to foresee all possible contraindications, as well as to achieve exactly the result that the patient expects. If necessary, the surgeon will want an additional consultation with other specialists.
Today, the aesthetics of breast reduction is a simple and safe method of correcting the appearance, which allows you to reduce the size of the breast and achieve the desired appearance. If you want to have breast reduction surgery, there are a number of contraindications to consider:
- up to 18 years;
- the presence of tumors of any nature;
- pregnancy and lactation (breastfeeding);
- the presence of skin diseases in the chest area;
- the presence of an infectious-inflammatory process in the body;
- low blood clotting;
- diseases of a neurological nature, as well as diseases of the cardiovascular system;
- serious pathologies of internal organs.
If any of these factors are present, breast reduction surgery is risky. That is why a preliminary examination by a specialist is a mandatory procedure. The surgeon can finally declare the suitability of the operation.
Result of breast reduction surgery
Changing the size and shape of the breast is a full-fledged plastic surgery. The expected positive results of this operation include the following points:
- breast symmetry;
- scars disappear over time;
- pronounced proportionality of the breast in general and the areola in particular;
- compliance with the size of the breast;
- maintain blood circulation in tissues
- tenderness of the nipples;
Breast reduction prevents possible problems in the musculoskeletal system.
If you want to regain your former self-confidence, get rid of physical and psychological ailments and at the same time have the figure of your dreams, call the number listed on our website and sign up for an online or face-to-face meeting. Surgeon at the Quartz clinic.
Why should you contact Quartz Plastic Surgery?
Breast reduction surgery is one of the key areas in which our clinic specializes. All surgeons have impressive experience in aesthetic surgery of any complexity. Our surgeons have already performed nearly 5,000 successful operations to correct the shape and size of the breasts, resulting in thousands of patients achieving their dream shape.
- Affordable prices for all kinds of surgical interventions in Turkey;
- Availability of pain relief as well as a comprehensive service that includes all stages of the surgery,
- necessary consumables and hospital stay after the correction procedure;
- comfortable rooms for the observation of specialists immediately after breast reduction surgery;
- convenient form of payment: cash, card of any bank
By signing up for a preliminary interview with a plastic surgeon in our clinic, you will be able to get all the necessary recommendations from an experienced specialist and find out the final cost of breast reduction surgery.
Rehabilitation After Breast Reduction Surgery
Breast reduction surgery, like any surgery, requires a healing process. As a rule, the first day after breast reduction surgery, the patient is under observation in the hospital. After breast reduction surgery, you can go home the next day, following all the instructions and recommendations of your surgeon. Until the next examination, the doctor will prescribe painkillers, since in general the pain will be intense for the first two to three days.
- Since part of the tissue is removed after breast reduction, the rehabilitation process will continue until the breast tissue and skin is fully stabilized and healed.
- In the first days, the patient will feel discomfort and tension in the skin of the chest. In some cases, swelling or bruising may occur. Less commonly, a hematoma or infection occurs as a complication.
- The rehabilitation period after breast reduction surgery requires restrictions on sex, sports and some other physical activities, as well as compliance with medical recommendations.
- The most important thing is to visit doctors regularly and follow all the rules of rehabilitation, do not panic during this period.
Recovery After Breast Reduction
Compression Bra and sleeping position
- After breast reduction, a compression bra worn immediately after the operation should be used during the recovery period . This bra will support the new breast shape and make the healing process faster and more comfortable.
- It is recommended to pay attention to the general health of the whole body, not just the patient’s chest. Therefore, you should take care to consume healthy foods, minerals and vitamins. It is also necessary to properly organize activities, including light walks in the fresh air.
- Painkillers should be used in case of discomfort and pain.
- It is very important to choose the right position for sleeping: you need to sleep in the supine position, the head should be elevated.
- Bad habits associated with alcohol and smoking should be stopped or reduced for a few weeks.
- Your recovery process after breast reduction will be effective and fast if you have planned follow-up examinations with your doctor.
Swelling after breast reduction
Swelling usually occurs after breast reduction surgery. Edema occurs as a result of fluid accumulation as a reaction of the mammary gland tissue. The swelling usually appears immediately after the surgery and increases within a few days and then decreases and disappears.
Light massage movements and a compression bra that firmly fixes the breast help to quickly relieve swelling after breast reduction and to form less. In addition, physical exertion should not be done in the first week to get rid of swelling and rest should be recommended.
Applying cold compresses during this period can reduce swelling.
If additional signs of inflammatory processes occur such as prolonged swelling, redness and fever in the area, contact your doctor immediately regarding the risk of infection. The sooner you report this situation, the sooner the intervention.
In the normal healing process, the swelling subsides after a week or two. However, the process of getting rid of edema after breast reduction may vary according to the individual body parameters of the patients.
Aftercare of Breast reduction Surgery
Proper breast care after breast reduction plays an important role in the rapid recovery and effectiveness of the result.
In order not to regret later, you should follow all the important rules of care:
- Rest: Good sleep, proper nutrition, rest day and night.
- Water: It is strictly forbidden to contact water on the first day of the operation. However, after a few days, you can take a shower as your doctor allows.
- Against inflammation. The doctor will prescribe a special medicine.
- Against Swelling. Ointments or gels that your doctor recommends can be used to help the edema pass.
After the breast reduction procedure, the doctor examines the patient the next day.
If the wound is stable, the specialist will perform wound dressing after surgery and give appropriate recommendations.
After the surgery, the woman’s breast is wrapped with an elastic bandage. It supports the proper fixation of the breast and prevents the formation of swelling.
On the second day after the operation, the bandages are removed, the wound is treated, a plaster cast and compression bra are put on again.
Aftercare of breast reduction surgery
Proper breast care after breast reduction plays an important role in the rapid recovery and effectiveness of the result. In order not to experience any complications later, you must follow all the important rules of care:
- Rest: Good sleep, proper nutrition, rest day and night.
- Water: It is strictly forbidden to come into contact with water on the first day of work. However, if your doctor allows, you can take a shower after a few days.
- Against inflammation. The doctor will prescribe a special antibiotic drug.
- Against swelling. Ice application, ointments, or gels recommended by a doctor can help relieve swelling.
- After the breast reduction procedure, the doctor examines the patient the next day.
- If the condition of the wound is stable after the operation, the doctor will cover it by dressing and make appropriate recommendations.
- Immediately after the operation, the breasts are wrapped with an elastic bandage. and wears a tight compression bra.
- On the second day after the surgery, the bandages are removed, the wound is treated, the dressing is done and the compression bra is put on again for 4-6 weeks.
Compression bra is worn continuously for 1 month, then the bra is worn only at night for another 6 months.
- You can take a shower on the 3rd or even 5th day after the operation, the water should not be hot;
- Follow the incision line regularly after a shower and seal it with a special cream;
- In the first month you cannot overwork the body with physical activity, for example, you cannot bend over and make sudden movements to the sides, you cannot do sports and have sex, you cannot visit places with large crowds of people;
- Sleeping position – lying on your back;
- Avoid sunbathing and direct sun exposure on the chest for about 4 months;
- Avoiding stress;
- Healthy food.
Sensations after breast reduction can be different for every woman. The main and most common of these are numbness and loss of sensation in the breasts, pain and swelling in the mammary glands, a feeling of tension in the skin, throbbing pain, tingling, burning sensation, heaviness and discomfort.
Subject to proper care after breast reduction and compliance with medical prescriptions for the rehabilitation period, all these sensations disappear after a while.